German Village Things to do in German Village, Ohio
German Village is a historic neighborhood located just south of downtown Columbus, Ohio. Here are some top things to do in German Village:
- Explore the historic homes: German Village is known for its beautiful historic homes, many of which date back to the 19th century. Visitors can take a self-guided walking tour of the neighborhood and admire the architecture.
- Visit the Book Loft: The Book Loft is a unique bookstore located in German Village that features 32 rooms of books. Visitors can browse a wide selection of books and enjoy the cozy atmosphere.
- Take a cooking class at the Kitchen: The Kitchen is a cooking school and culinary retail store located in German Village. Visitors can take a cooking class and learn how to make a variety of dishes.
- Enjoy the parks: German Village has a variety of parks, including Schiller Park, which features a beautiful rose garden, a pond, and a theater that hosts live performances.
- Visit the German Village Art Crawl: The German Village Art Crawl is an annual event that takes place in July and features live music, food, and local art.
- Dine at one of the many restaurants: German Village has a variety of restaurants, ranging from casual cafes to upscale dining options. You can find everything from pizza and burgers to fine dining.
- Attend the Oktoberfest: German Village hosts an annual Oktoberfest celebration that features live music, food, and drinks. It’s a great way to experience German culture in Ohio.
Overall, German Village offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, from exploring historic homes to attending cultural events and enjoying the local cuisine. It’s a great destination for a day trip or weekend getaway.