Delaware, Ohio Things to do in Delaware, Ohio
Delaware, Ohio is a small town located just north of Columbus with a rich history and a charming downtown area. Here are some things to do in Delaware:
- Visit Ohio Wesleyan University: This beautiful college campus features historic buildings, a museum, and a variety of events and performances throughout the year.
- Explore the Olentangy Indian Caverns: These underground caves feature a range of unique rock formations and are open for guided tours.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Ohio to Erie Trail: This multi-use trail runs through Delaware and connects Cincinnati to Cleveland, passing through several small towns along the way.
- Visit the Delaware County Fairgrounds: This historic fairgrounds hosts a range of events throughout the year, including the Delaware County Fair, antique shows, and flea markets.
- Shop and dine in downtown Delaware: The historic downtown area features a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, including the Strand Theatre and the historic courthouse.
- Go fishing or boating at Delaware State Park: This nearby park features a large lake with several boat ramps and fishing areas, as well as hiking and camping opportunities.
- Attend a performance at the Arts Castle: This community arts center offers a range of classes and workshops, as well as performances and exhibits throughout the year.
- Visit the Perkins Observatory: This historic observatory offers public programs and telescope viewing opportunities.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Delaware, Ohio. Whether you’re interested in history, outdoor recreation, or cultural experiences, this small town has something to offer everyone.